|click here & register to help us save Walthamstow! News from Stella Creasy MP - she writes:|
|Thank you to everyone who came to our campaign workshop on Saturday 17th November– you can see some more of the pictures from the afternoon here.This email is to let you know how what we decided to do to take action on these important issues.|
At the workshop we agreed three priorities for actions for each campaign with which any local member or supporter can help. To join with any of these actions please click the link below stating you would like to join and we will send you the project plan and contact details for this group.
As well as these campaigns, we are seeking volunteers to help with delivering the leaflets for Sadiq Khan’s London Mayoral campaign – if you could deliver some of these over the next month please let Richard know. And our digital group is working on how best to share information with members and supporters online- if you would like to join this discussion please let Gerri know.
Finally, a reminder that our CLP AGM is coming up on November 19th and your local branches* will be having their AGMs earlier in November too (check here for updates). If you would like details of these meetings please reply to this email – and to help us plan for the AGM please do let our CLP secretary know if you plan to attend so we can make sure we can arrange a suitable venue to accommodate everyone.
I look forward to working with you on these important issues for Walthamstow's future- and thank you to everyone who brought cake to our workshop!
Tuesday, 27 October 2015
Housing, Healthcare, Voter Registration & Awkward Turtles - how to Join Walthamstow Labour's Campaigns!
Posted by Philip CC at 23:47
Friday, 23 October 2015
- Saturday 24th October - holding a residents drop in advice surgery in Walthamstow Mall on Selbourne Walk between 2-4pm at which all are welcome. During this will also be helping to register people to vote before then going out to register people to vote in the High Street area- please reply to this email to join this activity for further details.
- Monday 26th October- taking part in Education questions in parliament to raise mental health services for young people in schools
- Tuesday 27th October- attending parliament to vote against the Government's welfare reform bill as it has not been amended to reflect concerns measures within it will cause destitution
- Thursday 29th October -taking part in debates in parliament to raise further concerns about the impact of tax credit cuts on Walthamstow.
- Friday 30th October- holding a residents surgery for pre booked appointments only. To book an appointment please call020 8521 1223.
Posted by Philip CC at 20:55
Wednesday, 7 October 2015
(UPDATE - to see outcomes of this meeting click here.)
This is an informal social event and campaign workshop in partnership with the local Cooperative Party and is open to all party members and supporters in Walthamstow. It begins at 4pm with a tea party - at which young children would be very welcome; then at 5.30pm we’ll be starting our campaign workshop.
We have three campaigns we’d like your help to plan on the following topics:
- Housing- how can we create a landlord cooperative to help tackle high rents and improve housing standards in Walthamstow?
- Healthcare – how can we challenge the impact of PFI debt on the future of our local healthcare services in Walthamstow?
- Democracy- how can we increase voter registration in Walthamstow to ensure all voices are heard?
All members and supporters are welcome at this event and it is free to attend, but to help us with logistics for this day please RSVP to this email and we will let you know the venue.
If you can’t make the event but would like to know more about these campaigns please do also email to let us know - and if you can help with a donation of cake for our tea please do get in touch!
Posted by Philip CC at 11:06