- On Saturday 26th October – visiting Lincoln and Broxtowe to meet local Labour campaigners and young activists and to speak about the #sharkstoppers anti legal loan sharking campaign
- On Tuesday 29th October – helping to host a networking event for the Federation of Small Business in Walthamstow- details of how to book in the diary section of this enewsletter.
- On Thursday 31st October – helping to host an arts and regeneration roundtable at the William Morris Gallery with Cllr Mark Rusling
Sunday, 27 October 2013
Posted by Philip CC at 19:23
Wednesday, 23 October 2013
Walthamstow Constituency Labour Party
invites you to a fundraising feast:
a Gourmet Dinner and Debate with
Shadow Secretary of State for International Development
JIM MURPHY MP
at THE MALLINSON SUITE
on Thursday 21st November
Drinks and free canapés from 7pm; dinner starts at 7.30
|Jim Murphy is MP for East Renfrewshire, |
and Shadow Secretary of State for
Disabled access available. All party members, friends, family, supporters very welcome.
The Mallinson Suite is a professional restaurant, staffed by catering students at Waltham Forest College, who prepare and serve the meals as part of their practical studies. They provide a fantastic standard of cuisine and service at a bargain price. For our gourmet special dinner we have a choice of four starters, four main courses, and two desserts, followed by coffee and petits fours. Vegetarian and Halal options are available. Alcoholic and soft drinks can be bought from the licensed bar, including wine by the glass or bottle.
|Waltham Forest College|
(price includes canapés, 3 course meal, & coffee with petits fours)
Single — £32
Groups of four or more — £28 each
Unwaged / pensioner — £26
3 WAYS TO BOOK: (places must be booked in advance)
- call 07957 228019, or
- email: email@example.com , or
- book online at: The Labour Shop
[All proceeds from ticket sales, raffle tickets, and donations go to the Walthamstow CLP campaign account.]
Event promoted by Simon Redfern, chair of Walthamstow Constituency Labour Party, 23 Orford Road London E17 9NL
London Pea & Ham soup
Chilled Cucumber and Watercress soup (V)
Poached Asparagus with Warm Butter sauce (V)
Goujons of Plaice with Lemon Mayonnaise, served with Avocado and Pink Grapefruit salad
Chicken Kiev on a bed of Puy Lentils (H)
Steamed Steak and Kidney Pudding
Poached Haddock with Poached Egg and Spinach
Vegetables en Croute with Sweet Pepper Sauce (V)
All main courses served with seasonal vegetables
Ginger Cheesecake with Home Made Ginger Ice Cream (H)
Tropical Fruit Salad
Don't delay! When you have booked your ticket(s) choose your food, by calling 07957 228019,
or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.orgDo it by November 13th - the students need to know so they can order the correct quantities of food!
How to get there:
From Walthamstow Central Station it's 15-20 minutes walk (follow the grey line below),
or catch Bus 212 from bus stop D.
Click the map to go to google maps online
PS:Watch out for
- a guest appearance by Sadiq Khan MP (after attending a Labour Group reception for newly selected Labour candidates, in the Town Hall)
- Unique raffle and auction - top notch prizes!
Posted by Philip CC at 19:07
Sunday, 20 October 2013
- On Saturday 19th October – attending the Ascham Homes Residents conference – details can be found below.
- On Monday 21st October holding meetings in Parliament as part of my role as a member of Labour’s shadow Business team.
- On Tuesday 22nd October– attending a citizenship lesson for children at the Holy Family School in the morning and holding meetings with local groups in Parliament in the afternoon.
- On Thursday 24th October– attending the Business, Innovation and Skills Question Time in the House of Commons as part of my role as a member of the frontbench team.
- On Friday 25th October– attending debates in the Houses of Parliament in the morning and holding an appointment only surgery in the afternoon. For an appointment on a future date you can book by calling my office on 020 8521 1223.
Posted by Philip CC at 01:01